With Kalipophone we have dug even deeper in the world of vintage ‘grammofonika’, uncovering exotic treasures like Rhumba Boogie, Exotic Blues, Mambo Rockers, Cumbia and Calypso Honkers.
Kalipophone is a mobile DJ-set. With this machine, we show the technology and skills behind old-fashioned DJ-ing, in a way that is exciting for 21st century audiences. It’s a neat, compact and suprisingly intimate mobile DJ- and VJ-set, reminiscent of the fifties and sixties, yet slightly modern. Originally, the Kalipofoon was designed for the Chevron Festival Gardens, one of the venues of the Perth International Arts Festival in Australia.
Thanks to years of passionately collecting vintage records and the experience of performing at a wide range of festivals, Kalipophone creates the perfect vintage dance party. Strictly vinyl of course. Our interest in the origins of contemporary pop music fuels the project.
Kalipophone is well-suited for festivals and events, for wedding parties, informal receptions.. it also works quite well as an ‘entrance act’.
A performance usually lasts three hours. (Longer performances are negotiable.)
- Kalipophone is mobile.
- It takes 60 minuten to build up the set, and 60 minutes to break it down.
- We do both indoor and outdoor performances.
- Audience size per show: around 150 persons.
- At your special request, we can also bring along an extra sound system and/or microphone.
- We can use our own generator, in case a power outage might occur.
We kindly reguest the host organisation to provide:
- a parking spot for our van
- an electrical outlet: CEE 230V (max. 13A).
- a sufficient amount of food and drinks (catering, consumptions).
- overnight stay in a hotel (When there’s a booking for several days and driving back to Utrecht is no viable option.- more than 500 km)
- The organizer is responsible for the safety
- The date is only set when the contract has been signed.
The artists come from the Netherlands