Humor / Parody
Acts on Stilts
Standing at over twelve feet tall these noble and elegant Lampposts will shine a new light on your event.
Let them explore their surroundings to light-up people’s faces and fill them with joy.
Need a light? They can help with that! Trouble seeing in the dark? Let them be your guide!
The Living Lampposts are a marvellous moving display of ornate light and colour
The artists come from the UK
Number of artists :2
Performances: 3 x 30-40' for a public event / 1 x 60' for a private event.
Indoor performance: on the ground floor (no stairs) the height of the ceiling must be at least 3 meters high. The lampposts are very high and the costumes are stiff, so low doorways can cause problems
- The route between the dressing room areas and performance space should be entirely step-free.
- Distance from dressing room: The route between the dressing room area and performance space should be no more than a few minutes walk, the performers will start their performance time from the moment they leave their dressing room.
- Distance walkact:The Living Lampposts prefer not to walk long distances, please do not plan long walking routes for them without discussing it with us in advance
- Weather: The Living Lamp-Posts are susceptible to heavy wind and rain so can’t perform in stormy conditions
- 1 reserved parking space for 1 van with close access to the venue / dressing room and possibility to easily unload and load (other cars optionaly upon agreement). The organizer is responsible for the safety.
- The organizer is responsible for the safety
- 1 clean, well-lit private dressing room with access to warm running water and toilet.lockable, the key given to the artist/ crew member (if not, then the organizer is responsible for the safety).
- Space for 2 persons
- Equipment: 2 solid tables, 2 chairs (to be able to put on the stilts), 1 mirror. If the height does not allow you to put on the stilts inside, there must be a sturdy table and 2 chairs out of sight of the audience next to the performance location.
- refreshments and healthy snacks and fruit.
- Wifi connectie
- Assistance:At busy and crowded events people can become a little overenthusiastic to get their pictures taken with the Lamp Posts. In this instance a chaperone will be needed for crowd control purposes.
In some cases help may be required to assist the performers to get to the performance space - this is
especially the case if there are any low doorways.
- Catering The catering (drinks & meals) for the artists and crew members is at the expense of the organizer
- Warm healthy meals(dinner) to be provided for day events/
- Accommodation (if necessary)
- Overnights stays are necessary when performing for more than 1 day or on weekends and an overnight stay is necessary (more rooms could be needed upon the chosen act).
- Hotel / B&B with parking, within 10min drive of the venue unless otherwise agreed.