Spiralling and spinning and seemingly weightless, an acrobat suspended beneath a helium balloon explores the uncharted space between street level and rooftops. The Heliosphere is a show performed to music which is both aerobatic and interactive to create the illusion of flying.
The ground crew, harnessed to lines but largely unseen, control the balloon’s speed, direction and height. Working together, the three artists create a piece of overhead magic and on a calm day our aerial dancer can swoop out of the sky, steal the sugar lumps from a café-goer’s saucer and soar to twenty meters in a moment. Carrying someone’s hat. They have delivered the bridal bouquet, shaken the rock stars hand and carried away the champions cup in a packed stadium.
They have experimented with covers, costume, branding, lighting and different sizes, shapes and fabrics and still creating new variations.
This is the original Heliosphere, beware imitations!
You can also have the clearsphere: video
The artists come from the UK
Duration: max 15 minutes
Number of artists per globe: 4 (3 technicians + 1 aerialist)
Exterior + interior show (depending of the space)
- Dressingroom with table, mirrors & chairs .+ warm running water, secure, heated and lockable. Toilet facilities. The changing room should have enough room for the performer to get changed and warm-up prior to the show(s).
- The organizer is responsible for the safety
- If overnight stays are necessary, ideally in a hotel/B&B providing parking and breakfast. + catering.
- The organizer has to get take of the authorization of the police.
- The application of Sabam (author's rights or any performance rights organisation (PRO) of your country).