It’s time to unveil a new fountain in the city! Bronze, water, light and some quite special statues that are supposed to stay still. This is a non-speaking show that combines the craziest comedy and a primitive innocence. Realism and surrealism, beauty, movement, surprises and tons of fun.
Welcome to this magic day when the fountain starts working, we don’t know for how long it’s going to work.
Original soundtrack and a version with lights and colors for night performances.
Manneken pis is a street show. It’s fixed but not static. The main idea is inspired by the Brussels’ fountain “Manneken Pis’ developed through 3 reproductions of the Belgian statue. The three figures are trapped in the fountain, which is actually working.
This is an interdisciplinary project that combines an intimate and delicate language with the wideness and expression that masks and physical theatre provide.
We will start with apparently frozen statues, only speaking through their eyes, to finish with expressive characters that remind u of the classic ‘Comedia dell Arte’.
Realism and surrealism, aesthetic and movement, in just one show.
A hilarious non-speaking performance that uses the silent communication with the audience and the noisiest comedy.
The show starts even before the arrival of the first character as the fountain itself is getting the pedestrian’s attention. When the music band appears announcing the opening with fanfare the action starts. After that opening the action focuses on the little statue that the musicians find dominating the fountain.
Then the game changes completely: from an open space to the intimacy, gentleness and truth of this character.
An intense and dynamic show that gets the full attention of the audience every single minute.
The artists come from Spain
Duration: 2x 25 minutes
Outdoors. With a wall or facade behind the stage. 1’5 meters between the stage and the wall must be left. see picture
In front of the stage there must be a free space of 3x5 meters to perform. see picture
A STAGE 4x4m with a hole, as the map/plan attached, 45/55 cm. high, plain surface.
Ideal setting: a corner in a square. Walls or facades behind the stage where the set is placed.
The company provides: 3 actors and a technician.
The organization provides: a guarded place during the night.
The van needs to get to the setting to the show to unload.
Dimension of the van:length: 6,50m width:2,50m height:2,50m
Setting up time: 5 hours
Dismantling time: 2 hours
Other technical needs:
- Water supply and a hose adapter less than 10 meters away from the stage. Direct hose till the stage is also an option.
- We don’t need to have water during the show. We just need to fill our deposits before each performance (we use a closed circuit).
- Power point 220V and grounded outlet. Less than 25 meters away from the stage.
- Sound system adapted to the space and a sound mixer available for our technician. (2 stereo Jack or RCA connections needed).
- A dressing area with mirrors and running water
- drinks and a light meal
- A parking space for one van (as close as possible to the dressingroom)
- In case they should play several days: the organization needs to provide overnight stay + meals + breakfast
- The organizer has to ensure the application of Sabam (author's rights any performance rights organisation (PRO) of your country)and the authorization of the police.
- The date is only set when the contract has been signed