Funny characters in their own globe come to play with you. Through their graceful dance they bring you coquetteries, surprises. The characters evoke emotions and softness.
A beautiful welcome for your gala. An astonishing moment for your festival. A strong impact for your trade-fair. A surprising time for your event.
The artists come from Germany
Nebula is a walk-act with dance in transparent spheres.
With 1 to 8 bubbles.
Duration: 15 minutes max.
THE BUBBLE:Transparent (PVC) - Filled with air from an electrical device
Diameter: 2.10 m or .,60 m. Two different blowers per bubble (machines to inflate) will be brought by the artists.
PERFORMANCE SPACE: Please, inform us about the CONFIGURATION AND SIZE of the performance space!
INDOOR/ OUTDOOR: Minimum pathway 2.15 m width X 2.15 m height (with a 2 meters diameter bubble) Optimum pathway 4 X 4 m. More space we have for to perform more visual the act will be.
GROUND SURFACE • For the performance space, the backstage and the route way: the organizer must provide a carpet or a dance floor. • The carpet must be clean, dry and rolled up shortly before and after rehearsal and show. • The dance floor must be clean and dry.
• THE FLOOR OF THE PERFORMANCE SPACE HAS TO BE EVEN LEVELLED, FLAT AND MUST BE CLEAR OF HOLES, STRUCTURES, AND ANY OBJECTS that may impair safe movement for the dancer(s) and/or damage the bubble(s). • This show CANNOT be played directly on the grass or on bare ground!
ENTRANCE TO PERFORMANCE SPACE • A RAMP of 2.15 meters width with a slow inclination (ideally 15%) is necessary (not too steep) to enter any stage from ground level, also for very small stairways. The organizer must provide the ramp. • Doorways (2.15 meters width and height) must be considered if they are part of the entrance route to the stage. Otherwise the bubble CANNOT enter onto the stage!
SPACE FOR INFLATING THE BUBBLE (back stage) For 1 bubble • Minimum space: 3 m width x 3 m deep x 2.50 m height – A bigger space will be appreciated… Add 3x3 m per extra bubble. • The space must be HIDDEN from the public, e.g. curtains, folding screen (paravent) or an extra room, large backstage. Otherwise the “magic” of this act is gone! • All surface of the inflating space has to be protected by a carpet (the carpet is provided by the organizer)
OUTDOORS: IN CASE OF RAIN OR STRONG SUN THE SPACE FOR INFLATING THE BUBBLE MUST BE COVERED
ELECTRICITY Has to be provided by the organizer: For 1 bubble • Outlet socket 2 European outlet sockets PER bubble of 220V. 16A at the inflation place for the bubble (back stage). • Electric extension cords Please provide 2 additional electric extension cords PER bubble of 10 meters at the inflation place for the bubbles (back stage). Please make sure all electric wirings and fittings are OUTDOOR style (water resistant) and all unused outlets can be secured by water resistant caps! • Power circuits Power circuits should be permanent and not interconnected with dimmed light or sound circuits (blowers would interfere with sound system). • Blower specifications 2 blowers per bubble will be brought by the artists and have the following technical specifications: One is 230V - 2,7A - 60Hz - 600W The other one is AC 240V - 50Hz - 330W
LIGHTING – ALL: Regular front, back and side lights in larger spaces (arenas, grandstands, etc). • The colours should be blue, amber and white. • One follow spot per bubble is necessary.
SOUND We provide our own choreography to our own music. Have to be provided by the organizer: • An adequate P.A. system with a CD player. • A sound technician has to be present for the complete duration of the rehearsal and the show. • 2 Monitors set on the performance area are necessary for the artists. Otherwise, the artists cannot hear the sound!
HELPING HANDS 1 helping hands PER BUBBLE to inflate the bubble: Obligatory same person for rehearsal and performance. (also for help to tidy the bubble after the show)
PREPARING THE SHOW For the preparation of the show, we need the performance space free for 1 hour and 3 hours before the show time: • 20 minutes for technical installation, obligatory. For the bubble: explanations and practicing for inflating the bubble. For the show: light and sound checks. • 40 minutes for creative rehearsal. For the preparation of the artist(s), we need to be free 2 hours before the show. We will be in the garde-robe for make-up, costume and warming-up.
PRE-CUE TIMING Inflation time 6 min. THE PRE-CUE TIMING FOR THE INFLATING TIME OF THE BUBBLES HAS TO BE DIRECTLY WORKED OUT BEFORE THE PERFORMANCE CUE TIMING! (The artists CANNOT wait in the bubble!). Please, let us know the walking distance from inflation space to performance space.
• SUN: It is NOT possible to perform under the direct sun. Please FIND A SHADOW AREA for this situation! The sun can put in danger the artist in the bubble.
• RAIN: It is possible to perform in the rain – The inflating space SHOULD BE COVERED. • WIND: It is possible to perform in light wind. For elevated stages it is necessary to use safety measures for rehearsal and performance - It is NOT possible to perform in strong wind conditions.
• SECURITY GUARDS FOLLOWING THE BUBBLES ARE OBLIGATORY FOR CITY FESTIVALS, COMMERCIAL CENTERS AND BIG PARTIES.
• THE TIME IN THE BUBBLE CANNOT EXCEED 15 MINUTES DUE TO THE LACK OF OXYGEN!
• THE STAGE MANAGER OF THE EVENT HAS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY ABOUT THE TIMING
• IF THE WEATHER CONDITIONS WILL PUT THE PERFORMERS IN A DANGEROUS OR RISKFULL SITUATION, IT WILL BE DECIDED BY THE PERFORMERS TO CONTINUE THE SHOW OR NOT!